Babyloss Support Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (‘BLSLLR’ / ‘we’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice aims to give you information on how BLSLLR collects, processes and stores your personal data and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you during your interactions with us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) the data controller is Babyloss Support Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, registered charity number 1194212.
- What personal information we collect
- How we collect personal information
- Why we collect personal information
- How we store personal information
- Your Data Protection rights
What personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information: Personal identifiers, contact details and characteristics (for example, your name and contact details), ethnicity, gender, details of your child/children such as name and special dates.
How we collect personal information:
Much of the information we gather will be supplied directly by yourself during your interactions with us. We may also receive information via a separate third party, such as Healthcare Professionals or other charitable organisations, where you have supplied your consent for your details to be passed on to us.
Why we collect personal information:
We collect your information to enable us to provide tailored support services to you, and your family unit, in times of need. We collect your data to ensure that we are fulfilling the obligations of the charity’s objectives, namely; removing barriers of access to bereavement support for all families affected by the loss of a baby. We also use your personal information to keep you informed of the services we offer and any events we may organise that could potentially be of interest to you.
How we store personal information
The information we collect from you is stored securely and will be retained for the duration of time that you make use of our support services and for a period of 5 years afterwards.
Your Data Protection rights
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or telephoning us on 07400 402744 and we will aim to respond to you within 30 days. You have the right to request
- Access to the information we hold about you (Data Subject Access Request)
- That we erase the personal information we no longer need to hold (Right to be Forgotten)
- That we amend inaccurate personal information (Right to Rectification)
- That we stop using your personal information in certain situations (Right to Restrict Processing)
- That we stop using your personal information for marketing or profiling (Right to Object)
- A copy of your personal information provided for reuse in another service ( Right to Data Portability)
We will not make a charge for providing any of the above.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline : 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk